This new assessment is innovative and unique!
A pioneering functional assessment for children ages 7-17
The Goal-Oriented Assessment of Lifeskills (GOAL)is an innovative new evaluation of functional motor abilities needed for daily living in children ages 7 to 17. Each activity is analyzed so that assessment results can be linked to specific underlying sensory and motor behaviors.
Enhance your practice with this standardized, norm-referenced, and evidenced-based test than can be used in schools, clinics, hospitals, and private practice. It is intended for occupational therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, and other intervention specialists working with school-aged children.
This workshop provides step-by-step instructions for administration and scoring each item of the GOAL. It offers a structure for using intervention targets for planning and implementing treatment. In just 45-60 minutes, this assessment identifies children who may have delays in fine and gross motor skills.
- Learn the administration and procedures of the seven activities of the Goal-Oriented Assessment of Lifeskills through detailed narrated instruction and demonstration.
- Understand guidelines for the assessment as well as time limits and a detailed description of the materials used for both practice and test items.
- Learn how to score the child’s performance on each activity; quickly and easily obtaining the child’s final score.
- Learn how to use the record form and progress chart to create the child’s individual profile.
- Learn how to identify underlying sensory and motor challenges, using specific intervention targets.
- Understand how to use the intervention targets as a guide for treatment planning.
The Goal-Oriented Assessment of Lifeskills is published by: WPS, 625 Alaska Avenue, Torrance, CA 90503-5124, (800) 648-8857 www.wpspublish.com
Hosting a GOAL workshop
We need clinics, schools, or hospitals to host our workshops. We would love to come to your community to educate your staff and fellow colleagues near you. In exchange for providing and setting up a room with AV for a minimum of 30 attendees with volunteers to help the day of the workshop, we would offer three free seats for your staff.
For information on hosting a Goal workshop in your community please contact Susanne Geiler at [email protected].