Marketing and Media Manager
National nonprofit organization based in Denver Tech Center has an immediate opening for a Marketing and Media Manager to develop and drive marketing, strategies, public and community relations, branding, publicity and communications, and manage publications and materials for the organization with successful results in a timely and efficient manner. The position will oversee website content, expansion of social media, support marketing for webinars and other education programs. Position requires writing copy, proofing and editing of copy, and creating program materials, videos, effective publicity and designing media materials. Responsibilities include managing the organization's advertising and promotion campaigns, adwords, market research, identifying and developing markets, evaluating, creating and modifying organizational collateral, messaging and communications. The successful candidate will also be involved with developing and expanding special events, assisting with event management, staffing events as needed, and other duties.
• Responsible for the Organization’s websites including timely and regular content updates. Monitor URL renewals.
• Responsible for multi-website and multi-service line advertising coordination; ensuring continuity of message and brand, and increased impressions and increased results.
• Ensures graphic standards are met throughout the Organization.
• Responsible for postings for social media program including on-line review management.
• Responsible for SEM and SEO strategies.
• Creates effective and timely marketing collateral in support of the programs and messages including annual reports, brochures, letterhead, signs, and banners, etc.
• Handles video conversion, editing and cataloging using iMovie, iDVD and a custom database
• Collaborates in the creation and distribution of messages across all organizational communication platforms.
• Develops and directs vendor relationships in support of department projects.
• Create and achieve the Marketing and Communications budgets and plans.
• Advises regarding new technologies and approaches to marketing.
• Creates and distributes reports as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and five years experience in an increasingly responsible position in communications, marketing, or public affairs and demonstrate competence in marketing research, target marketing and social media marketing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to manage multiple priorities, to be resourceful, to work under deadline and to work autonomously in a demanding environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must pay close attention to detail. Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with different levels of readers. Must have website management experience and excellent knowledge of social media.
• Must be proficient in computer software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or other design programs, content management systems for websites (e.g., WordPress, Concrete5), and office and presentation software programs including iMovie, iDVD, Keynote and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated design capabilities showing creativity and quality.
• Professional demeanor with strong ethical standards.
Applications will be considered for those who are qualified and submit all of the following: 1) a cover letter of application which relates your education and experience to the qualifications listed above; 2) a current resume; 3) salary history; and 4) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least two current work references.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or agencies please.
This intern will be working directly with the marketing and events department at the SPD Foundation. The internship will focus on the promotion, marketing, advertising and publicity of all educational programs and our four events including our golf tournament, banquet, children’s playground event, and VIP appreciation reception. This internship is based at the SPD Foundation in the tech center just off I25 and Belleview. This multi-tasking internship provides an overview of the many things that go on internally at the SPD Foundation in our marketing and events department. The interns will experience business life and see first-hand what it takes to operate the day-to-day marketing business side of a non-profit organization. Being able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is a must.
Strengths must include and are not limited to the following:
At the end of the internship, the interns will have been given a realistic taste of what it takes to run the marketing and events side of our business. Training is ongoing and in all likelihood each meeting and each day is debriefed (informally) looking for all applicable marketing related business lessons.
Often, the intern will be asked to formulate his/her ideas and present them to the team for feedback, training, and then direction. It is also a goal to give the intern(s) autonomy to work on matters fairly independently on projects during the course of the internship.
Our internships are non-paying for the actual internship aspect, some students opting for the experience, some others wanting credit. Either is acceptable to us. School has to come first, we would like to set up a fairly regular schedule though, either parts of three days a week or when you might not have classes on a particular day. We are targeting about 15-20 hours a week per intern, but are flexible in this regard. The internship is for the 2015 Winter and Spring semester with opportunities to extend.
Helpful (but not required): Interest in the non-profit industry, SPD, and children with special needs.
Salary: Unpaid Internship/Credit possible per school policies
How to Apply:
Please electronically submit to email@example.com
1) a letter of interest (including schedule of availability),
2) a resume,
3) a list of pertinent coursework, and
4) three references. Please use "Marketing and Events Internship" for the subject line. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible on an ongoing basis.
Inquiries without the complete list of these items unfortunately will not be considered.